Stressful day? This flowing gentle yoga class has been designed especially for you. This physical practice moves through a gentle warm up, a number of standing postures to challenge the body and mind, floor postures to calm the nervous system and a sweet-guided relaxation to finish.
Stress is a state that many of us know all too well. Demanding schedules, heavy workloads, billable hours pressure and limited time for family and ourselves are all common stressors throughout much of the corporate world.
Lawyers are susceptible to many additional and somewhat unique stressors, such as working within an adversarial system and having to focus on risks and negativities. It’s therefore not surprising that lawyers are experiencing states of distress which are more than double that of the general population.
Ongoing or chronic stress can have a significant impact on our health and wellbeing. Some of the well-documented impacts of chronic stress include anxiety, depression, insomnia, increased risk of heart problems, increased risk of viral illnesses and general body aches/pains.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a term used to describe a number of different techniques or tools used to bring overall health and wellness to the practitioner. Some of the tools include; physical postures, breathing exercises, mindfulness exercises, relaxation, concentration, self-enquiry and meditation.
The key difference between Yoga and other exercises is that a significant focus is placed upon mindfulness and the breath. It is the focus on, and control of, the breath that begins to calm the body and relax the mind.
What are the benefits?
Some of the benefits of a regular yoga practice include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Improved sleep
- Lowering of blood pressure and improved cardiovascular health
- Reduced chronic neck and low-back pain
- Improved focusing the mind and memory
- Develops strength and flexibility
- Assists with controlling diabetes
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Promotes positive self-perception
What can you expect if you take this course?
This course will introduce you to some of the tools of yoga, namely, regulation of breath, postures, mindfulness and relaxation.
The course has been specifically designed with lawyers experiencing stress in mind. It’s suitable for all levels, those completely new to yoga and those who may be experienced yoga practitioners will all take something away from this practice.
If you take this course you can expect to feel calmer, more relaxed and physically better.
Still not sure?
A casual yoga class in the city will cost you somewhere between $20-30. For the cost of two classes:
- you can get access to a class that was designed specifically for stress reduction, and lawyers who are bound to a desk all day;
- if you are a beginner, you can test out yoga in the privacy of your own home or office; and
- there is no limit to how many times you take this online class.
- 1.1 Yoga For Stress - Introduction and Warm Up
- 1.2 Yoga for Stress - Standing Postures
- 1.3 Yoga for Stress - Seated and Supine Postures
- 1.4 Yoga for Stress - Relaxation
$79.00De-Stress with Yoga and Breathing Bundle